First 24 hours:
- You can eat any time after leaving our office, however, please follow the guide lines of suggested food.
- Your braces are most likely to break in the first 24 hours.
- Until you become accustomed to eating with your new braces, you may find it beneficial to follow a diet consisting of soft foods.
- Follow the food list given to you at today’s appointment. This is your guide.
- What about discomfort?
- Braces feel like they stick out at first, but the sensation will lessen with time.
- Remember to swish with warm salt water (1 tsp salt to 8 oz warm water) for one full week. Continue as needed!
- You may notice some discomfort in a few hours after your braces are placed. This is normal. You can use your Thera bite given to you in your survival kit (horseshoe plastic).
Alborzi Orthodontics offers our patients the option to accelerate orthodontic treatment using AcceleDent. Use of this prescribed device for 20 minutes daily is clinically proven to reduce discomfort associated with orthodontic treatment while accelerating treatment.
What to do in the event of a dental emergency?
- If it is a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.
- See your regular dentist as soon as possible if you injured your teeth.
- If your orthodontic appliances are broken , loose or dislodged, please call and schedule a repair appointment. You also can make yourself comfortable if needed.
- Use a Q-tip or pencil eraser to push the wire so that it is flat against the tooth.
- If the wire cannot be moved to a comfortable position use your orthodontic wax.
- Please call and schedule an appointment for repair.
In a situation where the wire is extremely bothersome, and you are to see the orthodontist soon, you may, as a last resort, clip the wire.
To avoid injuries, wear an orthodontic mouth guard while playing sports.
Loose Braces, Wires or Crowns
- A loose band or brace can generally be left in place until seen in our office. If irritating cover it with orthodontic wax and adhere to adjacent brace.(SAVE ALL ORTHODONTIC PARTS AND BRING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT! THIS AVOIDS UNNECESSARY CHARGES
- Call the office when you notice a loose bracket, so we can adjust your appointment.
- To avoid extending your treatment make sure you handle loose and broken appliances in a timely manner.
We want your orthodontic treatment to be a fantastic success. We are here to help you when needed. If you are having trouble with something orthodontically we will be happy to speak with you and help you over the phone. Sending us a picture is always helpful.
Changing Lives one Smile at a Time
Alborzi Smiles Team